Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Slow Down - A conservative approach
Unlike most mixes here which used a lot of obvious effects and instrument changes, my idea was to do a rather genre specific dry approach taking into account that this was a session recording. Up to to balance stage my mix had a pretty tidy vibe, but with further processing it became a bit more "dirty". Since I worked dozens of hours on this mix which is my first serious one I lost my perspectives somehow.
I only think that I should put a little bit of volume automation onto the lead vocals and maybe onto the piano track.

Edit:
I made some more changes. Compared to Version 2, in Version 3 I made the kick drum a bit softer by increasing the attack time on the volume shaper, reducing the saturation and tweaking the transient shaper. Furthermore, I reduced the attack time on the bass compressor and switched off the multiband compressor on the high mids to make it a bit softer as well. On the other hand I added a touch of highs on the master bus because my last mix seemed a bit dull. Finally, I did a couple of light changes on my reverbs. And by the way, I switched the deessers on the cymbals from band bass to high pass.
Overall, I think it's smoother than before.

.mp3    Slow Down.mp3 --  (Download: 5.75 MB)

.mp3    Slow Down (3).mp3 --  (Download: 5.73 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Slow Down - A conservative approach - by Daniel Deymon - 05-01-2015, 03:01 PM