Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
02 - Louis Cressy - Gonna Have A Good Time

A new mix for this great song. Tweaked a few things and compressed even tighter. (Louis Cressy.mp3)

After auditioning this at various playback levels, a modest amount of mastering multi-band compression was added to tighten the track level. EQ was added added to groups to add presence as needed to make the tracks lay better. Short tail analogue delay was added to the lead guitar which helps build the dynamics as the song grows to the solos. Removed the Rainbar altogether.

03 - Louis Cressy:
This is a new approach after the addition of Yamaha HS 5s for mixing. It may be a bit thick in the middle and too hot at the edges but let me know what you think.

04 - Louis Cressy:
Though I like my previous versions of this mix, I decided to re-vision the bass guitar and ensemble guitars plus fix a too present delay on the lead guitar during the solos. I also redid the effects used throughout the mix including redoing the instrument effects and then placing the entire mix into a nice arena. The re-mastering ended up with a mix not as hot as mix 03, so turn it up, please. this mastering had more compression but in parallel at only about 30% to fill in some beef. Just a re-visioning of the entire song. Let me know what you think.

05 - Louis Cressy
Now I'm just playin'. I remixed and remastered this after placing the entire mix in a large arena, just for fun. Sounds good, I think. What do you think?

.mp3    01 - Louis Cressy - Gonna Have a Good Time-Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.47 MB)

.mp3    Louis Cressy.mp3 --  (Download: 6.77 MB)

.mp3    03 - Louis Cressy - Gonna Have a Good Time.mp3 --  (Download: 4.41 MB)

.mp3    05 - Louis Cressy - Gonna Have a Good Time.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)

.mp3    04 - Louis Cressy - Gonna Have a Good Time.mp3 --  (Download: 10.9 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
02 - Louis Cressy - Gonna Have A Good Time - by Mixinthecloud - 02-11-2014, 01:41 AM