Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil´s Word´s MASTER
Nice mix Jepard !

A few points i'd like to notice, but there are really few things to improve to make your mix sounds like hell !
First of all, and it jumped to me right away : cymbals are a little loud and harsh in the 6-8k region.
Guitar sound really good, but a little too low i think. For ex, clean choruses guitars at 2'24 tend to be higher than the distorted ones. The first side effect is that i focus on the drums before the rest.
And this leads me to another small thing but very important one : i listened on crappy pc speakers and Auratone, and i just can't hear the bass. Maybe a little distorsion could help it cutting through the mix in every situation ? Or could you maybe try to make it more powerfull in its medium high region ?
Lead vocals could be a little more compressed, like what we usually do in this sort of music, to make it upfront the mix.

Well, few things... to resume : less drums and softer cymbals and hat, more guitars, voice more compressed and upfront, bass to work, and clean guitars to lower a bit. But it's a really nice and powerfull mix you did here ! congrat's. Had fun too mixing that song myself.

Cheers from France

Messages In This Thread
Devil´s Word´s MASTER - by Jepard - 19-02-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: Devil´s Word´s MASTER - by ScottTurek - 21-02-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: Devil´s Word´s MASTER - by Jepard - 21-02-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: Devil´s Word´s MASTER - by JohnSmith - 22-02-2013, 09:07 AM