Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Version of Pennies
(19-02-2013, 10:30 PM)Mike Senior Wrote: I like the live feel of the kit here, which seems quite believable, and really helps Young Griffo sound like a band. Good work! Smile I'd maybe give the kick a little more midrange, and a little less sub, but that's a question of taste. It just seems to be a bit too quick a tempo for that much sub -- it slows things down, somehow for me.

Nice meaty guitar sounds you've got there, without the abrasiveness that many other Young Griffo mixes I've heard have. and the mono compatibility isn't bad either, so more tick-marks there!

What's the thinking behind the off-centre lead vocal in the first verse? Seems unnecessary, but it's up to you. Otherwise I like a lot of the effects you're using on the vocals -- some subtle blend, if I'm not mistaken, as well as a tasteful dash of tempo delay for the choruses for size. A man after my own heart!

Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed listening to your version a lot. The detail in your post is also fantastic -- great insight for any mixing students reading this!

Thanks for your reply.

The Bassdrum Sample already was "clicky". Because of that i rolled of some off at 12khz.
Nice to hear that you liked my mix Smile

I did this new mix.

I got rid of some sub-basses in the bassdrum and highcuted the room-mic a bit, cause it catched to much cymbals imo.

Don´t know ecxactly what i also changed. But i bet you´ll hear that Smile

Ps.: Also tried out some Tape-Compression in the Masterbus, and got rid of the SSL-Compressor, since i find the Tapecompression more subtle.

.mp3    New Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.94 MB)

Messages In This Thread
My Version of Pennies - by tinoschulz - 15-02-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: My Version of Pennies - by Mike Senior - 19-02-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: My Version of Pennies - by tinoschulz - 20-02-2013, 05:40 PM