Poll: Do you want one more song of the Forkupines?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nah, first one sucked for mixing.
2.78%
1 2.78%
Only if it isn't as hard to mix as Semantics!
2.78%
1 2.78%
Yes, I love challenges!
94.44%
34 94.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix!
(27-08-2014, 11:10 PM)pauli Wrote: One more thing I feel is worth mentioning... there are a few tracks on this site I've attempted that are, in my opinion, effectively un-mixable in the way they're presented, without really aggressive alterations to the sequence, arrangement, instrumentation, and so on. Attempting to mix those and falling short has been and will continue to be some of the most important mixing lessons I've ever been given...

For one, knowing when something is un-mixable is important! Or else you'll waste precious time trying to "fix it in the mix" when you'd be better off getting busy re-tracking. For two... if you attempt the impossible and learn how to get close... well, it goes without saying that better mix situations will be a lot easier and more pleasurable Big Grin

Thanks for your feedback, Pauli! (are you german?)

I've actually used all tracks you got provided here. My personal opinion was that some tracks were... redundant, but the band wanted to keep them all in and they were with me almost during the whole mixing process.
I have to admit that I had a better chance to get a good mix because I was more flexible, regarding that I had the toms and kick as midi-data (we triggered them) and I could use any samples I wanted to. You're using Superior Drummer 2 samples in the tracks provided here.

I'll wait about two more weeks for you guys to vote in the poll so I can be sure it's worth it. Smile

Cheers,
Till

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix! - by wurstdrummer - 28-08-2014, 01:10 PM