Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The_Metallurgist mixes Enda Reillys Cur An Long Ag Seol
(30-07-2014, 10:38 PM)Voelund Wrote: One more thought from me.
The fact your mix sounds more pleasant on my AKG cans must be the difrent eq from my fairly flat Dynaudio BM 6.
So some master eq will make a diffrence.

that's a really interesting idea.

i've been missing my mains owing to a room alteration - i now work standing up and the boxes don't like the extra extension on the speaker stands. i feel naked...i used them a lot for a second opinion and to break the stagnant rut that a single pair often creates. and they are my Numero Uno's for mastering...the coaxial tweeter is simply stunning. i need to do some serious labour to get them running in their new proposed location...and then i'll need to adjust mentally with a lot of referencing! nightmare, but fun at the same time.

so it's going to be difficult Mastering (that's with a big "M") without them...unless i sling them back and ignore the "swinging pendulum" effect; difficult to do because it affects tone! perhaps i should stack some concrete blocks under them.....

anyway, if i can get something to work i'll post up the V2 in a while when time is more accommodating. i must admit, you've actually got me excited with that idea....

incidentally, i had nothing on the stereo buss other than a mastering grade compressor for glue...didn't even cross my mind to do anything else on this occasion.

Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The_Metallurgist mixes Enda Reillys Cur An Long Ag Seol - by The_Metallurgist - 31-07-2014, 08:58 AM