Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Enda Reilly - An Nasc Nua
OK. Bmullen says the vocals are too up front spacially; Olli H says he'd prefer more ambience for the vocals. I think I can solve both problems by amping up the reverb on the vocals a little. So that's the first thing I did here. Smile

Blue Bus says the bass and guitar are competing in the 100-300 Hz range. I had a high pass filter on the guitars at 100 Hz; not sure I like the sound of it but, as an experiment and to see what everyone else thinks, I pushed that hipass up to 300 Hz to clear the way for the bass. As for the track not being able to "open up" in the choruses, I'm not sure what Blue Bus is trying to say there...? Hopefully these changes will help with that issue as well?

As for Olli H's comment regarding the bass, I'm not overly concerned about that. Bass, played acoustically, has natural peaks and valleys in its sound and in a live ensemble can get a little lost on occasion. So I'll just say here that the bass sound wasn't one of the issues I was looking to resolve; I'm pretty satisfied with that, actually. Smile

However, I did take Olli's advice about the violins and tightened them up in the stereo image a bit.

So, what're everyone's thoughts on my latest go-round here?

.m4a    An Nasc NuaA.m4a --  (Download: 7.44 MB)

John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Enda Reilly - An Nasc Nua - by Pedaling Prince - 04-07-2014, 02:39 AM