Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Skelpolu - Together Alone
Hey John,
Happy Birthday first of all, it's a pity I couldn't tell you in person. :/
In any case, I do notice that the drums are well mixed along the bass, though the kick could use a bit more upper frequencies & a dB or two.
Aside from that, the Piano as well as the guitar are really rich in the highs - It's not annoying by any meaning, but I thought it'd be worth pointing that out. Tongue
In any case, I'Ve also noticed one thing: You seem to ignore opportunities for additional effects on this track.
For instance, there's a transition at 2:56 which you left open - If you liked the sound as is, then I've never said anything. Personally, I would have put a little highpass-filter on the drums and gradually let the frequencies come together until the big bang! But again, whatever floats your boat, and I didn't expect a non-filter-version to have an impact even before the "big-bang", so to speak - Great job on that. Smile

In any case, in mono, I find that the guitar sounds a bit too thin to be honest - The piano is alright due to support by the bass, though I really missed the guitar, as well as the strings.

Overall, great mix! Anything said are only personal preferences, keep it up man! Smile

P.S: Hope you celebrated your Birthday well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Skelpolu - Together Alone - by Skelpolu - 02-07-2014, 10:44 AM