Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spede's detune-, and delayfest (Preach Right Here SpedeMix)
Hi there Spede

just listened to your mix in my control room

This mix is starting to grow on me.. It's great to see you trying to make the mix sound big.. It's a tricky proposition, the bedtrack session was recorded in my parent's basement 14 years ago on DA-88 machines.

Your use of dynamic compression is quite aggressive, it's robbing the mid-range information a bit.. affecting the clarity in the midrange.. the bass guitar was tracked with a very thick tone.. it could be backed off a bit, it's quite dominant on certain notes and the other elements of the mix are sometimes swimming in that bass.

The lead vocal track appears to have a chorus fx on it in your mix, me thinks ? It sounds a bit boxy, as if the vocals were tracked in a small closet or something.. which wasn't the case.

I do like the idea of that doubled up harmony track in the chorus.. My opinion of it is quite biased on that, cause I know that you pitched my bandmates vocals up to achieve that, lol.. and it sounds like a chipmunk version of him.

anyways, very powerful mix.. could be tweaked in places, good job

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spede's detune-, and delayfest (Preach Right Here SpedeMix) - by Marc Gosselin - 28-05-2014, 04:43 PM