Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince MIx: Enda Reilly - Cur An Long Ag Seol
Overall sound is very good and to my taste.

Shaker sits fine with other instruments.

Also the vocal sound as such seems to be very good, but I feel that it feels a little suffocated with those spacious string instruments. Especially if you listen with lower level. As we don't have a possibility to take the space away from those instruments, I think you should add just a little bit space to vocals, to make it blend better with surroundings. I don't mean it should be anything audible with a tail, but just a small amount of ambience that is heard only when it is muted.

I'm not sure if it's typical to Irish accordion player, but this one seems to like walking around while playing. I think it was a good idea, but it distracted me from listening the music, when I started to follow only him: "is he moving?".

I know you dislike the use of compression, but in this case you could use (more?) compressor as a leveller: to balance the volume differences within playing and make it more even. I'm quite sure that this bass wasn't of the highest quality as the playing had so big level differencies. I don't remember anymore what I did, but I probably used parallel compression. But I do remember that I used quite a lot a clip gain settings before compressor, so that the compressor wouldn't go insane.

But main thing. I like the sound very much. Very good job!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince MIx: Enda Reilly - Cur An Long Ag Seol - by Olli H - 26-05-2014, 04:31 PM