Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A Place For Us All mix
(22-05-2014, 11:12 PM)sano Wrote: The bass low end feels a little light to me. I think it could be pushed a little further giving your overall mix a little more low end power.

Awesome thank you for this comment Smile I've literally been guessing and referencing because I'm mixing on headphones for the next little while (just made a move from Boston to LA and sold my entire rig sans computer, UAD card, and a shitty Line 6 UX2 interface). Thats good to know that my guesses where right that it felt only slightly light (but I decided to trust what my eyes were seeing on the RTA) and that I can afford to push it a little more. In fact, that would probably clear up Pauli's comment about the Lvox seeming to sit too on top of the mix. As for it sounding dry, I know everyone is meaning the drums (especially in the quite epic sounding beginning); I chose to leave it dry because I mixed it with all Waves plugins (except for the pro Q and the random digi plugin) because I was too lazy to set up my UAD, and didn't care for the plate verbs I was getting with the drum sound. There is however a TON of ambience/air verb going on (not that you asked, haha). Needless to say, there's a method to the madness, but my appreciation for the kind comments is 10 fold! Big GrinBig Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Place For Us All mix - by pauli - 22-05-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: A Place For Us All mix - by sano - 22-05-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: A Place For Us All mix - by 20000 Hz Under The Sea - 23-05-2014, 05:19 AM
RE: A Place For Us All mix - by HbGuitar - 23-05-2014, 05:31 AM