Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Carlos Gonzalez - A Place for Us
Hi John,
First of all, kudos for the great effort you put into this mix. I think most of us have been having a hard time dealing with this gigantic multitrack Smile
It sounds really good to my ears, and somewhat different from the other mixes I've listened to until now. I think this difference comes mostly from the interesting sound you achieved with the drums, that kind of very short slapback delay that make them sound almost doubled.
I also like the sound you got from the backing vocals, smooth like butter and with a good depth in the mix. Any hint about your processing ?

A few quibbles :
- the backing vocal following the lead (named BV2) is quite loud and almost overtakes the lead in some parts (0:28 for example), which somewhat changes the main melody. Maybe it was a conscious choice of yours, in which case don't change a thing !
- the low end is kind of lacking definition. Is it due to the EQ on the kick ? On the bass ? Or some low-end resonance in the OH track ? I can't really point out the culprit here, but I know I spent quite some time dealing with this myself !
- I don't really care for the chorused bass sound, but that's just personal taste, not really an issue (unless it's related to the lack of definition in previous point ?)

Apart from those points, very nice overall balance. Great achievement considering the difficulty of this one !
Hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Carlos Gonzalez - A Place for Us - by EKN - 17-05-2014, 12:24 PM