Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan Song - Bissell

Thank you for your comments.
There are all kinds of issues with this mix, and I suppose they are all solvable; certainly changeable Smile
I don't see that mix anymore so I can't tell you what exactly, but I do remember that I couldn't gate anything as the bleed was so bad and I wan't going to do open heart surgery on it. Most things were expanded to 'help' what could be, and that is probably why I shied away from a stronger click on the kick - it would have brought up the snare and other bled things. Also, the upper midrange (where you would 'put' the click) was already jammed with guitars. For me, getting the guitars to some state of sonic goodness was the real fight. I just heard the uploaded mix, and it seems like I did give that top on the surging part coming out of the bridge. I can hear the click pretty strong there with the "double bass" style passages. I can also hear the bleed in that sound as well.

Sadly, there are quite a few phrases that he sings that I never really knew what the words were in the first place! ha ha ha Therefore I trust you with the lisping comment. But yes, I do recall that the compressor would suck all kinds of stuff up. Probably a lot more I could do, but again, it was hard for me to hear anything but the guitars telling me "We don't sound right. Please re-record us". ha ha ha

Again, thanks for your comments. I appreciate your time to write.

Paul

Messages In This Thread
Japan Song - Bissell - by pbissell - 02-04-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: Japan Song - Bissell - by FytaKyte - 20-04-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Japan Song - Bissell - by pbissell - 20-04-2014, 02:44 AM