Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voelund: 'Comfort Lives In Belief' - Olli H
Big Grin Good stuff, man. I've heard nice and tight low end on your other mixes... I dunno that it's a weakness. Almost everyone in the forum has a sucky room for listening because most of us are working stiffs, so the sub region's gonna be hard on all of us. I only noticed it because my cans for whatever reason are very bass heavy and the subs were distorting the bass slightly, so I checked SPAN and confirmed.

Kudos about the close mic observation. Didn't think about that, though I still think it's worth pointing out that sibilance is all over the place on classic recordings. They couldn't do anything about it, nor did it occur to them to do so (I think) because the natural qualities of tape recordings like hiss and analogue distortion actually sound quite nice Big Grin so I don't find it too terribly uncomfortable, personally.

Too easy to fall into the brightness trap, no sweat. I do it on every mix until I check it the following daqy because my ears calibrate way too quickly. I think your mix is good, nonetheless, and has the makings of great.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voelund: 'Comfort Lives In Belief' - Olli H - by pauli - 06-03-2014, 01:16 PM