Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - Domino's Mixes.
I get the feeling this is a song I'll return to remix again and again as my skills grow!
I've attached two mixes, the first r1 is a rough mix, but after finishing it I was a little concerned about the piano and vocals clashing a little. So I did a r2 which shuffled things around a bit. I AB tested the two and decided to develop the new version further.

I strayed some way from the minimal approach and got a completely different feeling from the song. It went from happy and boppy to something darker with a lot more edge. There's a lot of editing and automation, but hopefully you won't notice it much. There's only one place it's used for obvious effect, it's mostly to help things blend and move musically. I also inverted the pan on the percussion to change the groove and help things flow in places.

At one point I was wondering if I should go wider with the mix and threw a Calf Stereo Tools on the master to boost the sides as a quick check. I tweaked the settings and got more space and a subtle phasing - I liked the overall effect so kept this in.

I ended up liking both my r1 and my r3 (r2 was r3 before automation crept in). It makes me wonder how many more variations I can find in these great tracks Angel

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright_r1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers - I\'m Alright_r3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - Domino's Mixes. - by Domino - 04-03-2014, 02:55 PM