Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Mistakes SpedeMix
I'm not a huge fan of heavy master bus compression, but I think it's appropriate given this situation and you're getting a cool pumping effect that would go over very well in a dance club.

I think you handled the vocal part quite well... in fact I'm not hearing any egregious frequency masking at all... I've noticed that as a strength of yours in other mixes, too. Smile

The pad is a good idea, too. A little clippy, distorted sounding, for my taste, but it's definitely forgivable and appropriate in this situation.

There's a telephone type effect, or maybe a lowpass going on in the intro drums... I think that was a cool way to create longterm interest by allowing the drums to "open up" later in the song, given that this tune doesn't seem to have much in the way of dynamic contrast in its raw form.

Personal taste difference aside, in terms of heavy compression and heavy distortion - the general denseness of the track, I think this is a good mix that would maintain the exciting atmosphere played at a rave or dance club. Good work!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by Spede - 28-02-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by pauli - 03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by Spede - 03-03-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by Pedaling Prince - 14-04-2014, 02:04 AM
RE: Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by pauli - 04-03-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by Spede - 04-03-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by pauli - 04-03-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: Human Mistakes SpedeMix - by Skelpolu - 06-03-2014, 09:30 PM