Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Motor Tapes - Shore
Okey...

How did a feedback of the bass sound turn into a lecture of analog vs digital? Big Grin
I don't think the bass sound brittle or sharp or gaining or losing something because of the format.
This could be more related to that lead voc s-limiting and you could say that it sound sharp.

If you are after a natural sound and limit your working / mixing because less is more then I think you should have recorded the tracks in the first place.
Like that vocal s-limiting. Have you ever listened anybody singing two inch from your ear? What that microphone capture isn't natural in the first place at all.
What if the lead voc track would have been edited already with a s-limiter? Would you miss those sibilances? Would you try to bring the s back with some transient plugin?
Same thing with any instrument. Have you ever listened a snare drum in the same place where you would put your microphone?
If the recording in the first place is unnatural it doesn't become natural with using as little processing as possible.

Maybe you can mix this again? I think the feedback and your mix evolving is the best part of this forum. Could be also interest to see how close or how far you would come from your first mix. Cool

Not saying you're wrong, just saying that I think a different point of view is something we all can learn from. Angel
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Motor Tapes - Shore - by Moonwrist - 14-01-2014, 05:35 PM