Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Johnny Lokke - Whisper to a Scream
Sounds great oldschool - reminds me of some 70s records I really like.
Your very selfrestrictin approach to mixin makes it sound like that I think, when we only have 100% to mix into and guitars can easily fill evrything, especially this kind of music, I dont think its cheat to use compression and something I read in a great book: maximum illusion with minimum voltage, meanin as loud as can be with as little metering as is possible.
Locuts wel choosen and narrow cuts in particular, and compression are your friend here. Also sidechainin a gentle bas bus compressor to kick drum makes space for both. I dig the guitar sound in this version, very true very honest, but it takes up enormeous amounts af VU as you boost lowend so much, leavin lesser space for drums and bass.
Great mix ! very much "thats how we recorded it thats how it sounds" but mixin has so many possibilities to make it larger than life so why not use it. Its fun Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pedaling Prince Mix: Johnny Lokke - Whisper to a Scream - by Voelund - 07-01-2014, 05:56 PM