Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voelund: 'Comfort Lives In Belief' - Olli H
(04-11-2013, 11:52 AM)Olli H Wrote: Here's my first try with Voelund's great song.

Thanks for sharing your music here! There's not too many songs to mix around here with authentic oldschool feel.

I tried to do a modern retro sound, whatever it means. While mixing I listend mainly Bonnie Rait's and Bob Dylan's grammy winning records which have somewhat similar instrumentation.

The bass was quite difficult.

When comping the guitar, my guideline was, that I wanted the guitar to feel like it was played live by the singer.

I might do another version with real records from 60's and 70's as sonical and balancial reference.

Love the nice clean sound here. Lots of definition among the instruments, and you got that vocal balance spot on, high enough to be intelligible at all times but low enough so it lets the power of the musical arrangement shine through. Smile

Only issues I can hear are with the guitar and snare; both are a bit overbearing. I'd bring the guitar down about 3 dB, the snare about 2, maybe 3.

Otherwise, a solid mix. Smile
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voelund: 'Comfort Lives In Belief' - Olli H - by Pedaling Prince - 06-01-2014, 10:09 AM