Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memnoir: The One (Robert's mix v1) 2-Jan-2014
Thanks for the feedback, Moonwrist.

There's a huge amount of classic rock and heavy rock tracks with clean guitars included over the last 30 years - and probably more. I think in the absence of a 'client', we tend to put our stamp on a mix and this is my interpretation. Sometimes 'we' mix engineers turn out something better than what the client envisioned and it's always feels good to have 'approval'. With this song I found a familiarity of sound and feel with Porcupine Tree, so that's what really influenced many of my mix decisions. Doing an A/B of this mix against the album 'In Absentia' by Porcupine Tree, the sound I have here in the Pro Tools playback on a good pair of monitors in a 'tuned' listening environment sounds very similar. That was my sound quality reference. I always feel a bit hesitant on making comments from an MP3 web stream and prefer to download the track because the difference can be quite stunning at times. When I get around to my v2 mix I'll certainly consider your observations. Thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment. :o)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Memnoir: The One (Robert's mix v1) 2-Jan-2014 - by Robert - 04-01-2014, 06:44 PM