Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix)
I guess I don't really understand your comment about the guitar sounding overly big then. Sorry Sad

The thing is when I was mixing it I was trying to think of ways to make that part feel like part of the track. From a sonic perspective that single guitar part really did not fit in all that well in a variety of ways I tried from having heavy FX to not having hardly any at all. I found by almost complete luck that keeping it essentially dry and then with some level adjustment and panning adjustment I could make all the guitars almost come together as one singular sound. I guess that is reason it sounds big, but I honestly do not think it sounds all that big.

Well when I say I'm a basshead it is really in reference to the amount of bass I'll cram into something. For example if the track would be more ideal with say the bass at 7 I'll turn it up 10 because I can and I like bass. The problem I find a lot of people have when I do something like is they do not like it. It is just a difference in opinion on how much bass is too much honestly.

I think I now see your point about Mastering and I still do not agree with it. A Mixers job should solely be to take a recorded track and make it sound as close to the artist's intent. If that meant taking the track and running it right up to the limit then so be it. If there is little direction on how the mix ought to sound then I'll do what sounds good to my ears.

Messages In This Thread
Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 10-12-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 20-12-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 21-12-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 30-12-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 03-01-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Moonwrist - 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:14 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Voelund - 04-01-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Motor Tapes - Shores (ZX Mix) - by Spede - 15-01-2014, 09:33 AM