Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream (edited v2)
(25-11-2013, 09:03 PM)johnnylokke Wrote: It's certainly loud, I'll give you that.

It's actually quite good as a mix except "mastering" has made the vocals overpowering. When I send my mixes in to the mastering engineer, I'll also include stems in case what he is doing affects different parts of the song (mostly occurs with vocals) and he needs to make adjustments after the fact. Some engineers will simply request 3 versions...standard, and then one with more vox and one with less, for the same reasons. Very common.

Anyhow, I would suggest throwing your mastered and unmastered versions in your DAW where you can volume match them and then play them back and switch back and forth while they are playing. Nothing should really change much when switching back and forth between them if you've done a proper job and they are level matched. If you can hear major differences in instruments or vocals then it's back to work.

All this assumes you didn't have the vocals that loud in your unmastered track. If you did, then my feedback changes to "Vocals are too loud". Wink

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your feedback Mr. Lokke! I guess I chose not neccesary reference examples while mixing it. Is problem only in loudness of vocals? What do you think about instruments? Maybe they suffers lack of low-end? I tried to make screaming "razor" track. Did I get it? Or maybe it should be more woofing and more low-mid loaded and saturated?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny Lokke - Whisper To A Scream (mix by Pashet) - by Pashet - 26-11-2013, 09:35 AM