Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My version: master
(17-11-2012, 04:26 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(17-11-2012, 02:12 PM)AndreaT Wrote: - Your compression might also be exacerbating this common problem, so if you can stick an HF boost into its side-chain that might help reduce the problem too: how should I do this? You mean I should add a sidechain compressor as an insert effect on the vocal track, with its eq settings centered on the frequencies which make the 's' sound so sibilant, so that whenever the signal reaches those regions of the spectrum the 's' gets pushed down?

You could do it as a separate stage if you like, but I just thought it you already had a compressor going and it had side-chain access you could treat some of the sibilance problem 'at source', so to speak.

Right, the compressor I used does not have side chain options, though it won't be hard to find another design which does. I never did it that way, but now it seems clear that I need to use side chain compression which is focused on reducing the sibilance (thus using a filter/eq in the side chain compressor settings which will tackle that). Hope I got it right Smile THX though
--
New Lumisokea audiovisual teaser check it out here
Snippets from forthcoming Lumisokea's EP 'Selva' already available here

Messages In This Thread
My version: feedback welcome! - by AndreaT - 20-09-2012, 10:54 AM
RE: My version: feedback welcome! - by AndreaT - 17-11-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: My version: feedback welcome! - by AndreaT - 17-11-2012, 07:49 PM
My version: master - by AndreaT - 20-09-2012, 12:06 PM