Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Andrey Benassi Mix]
Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.
Don't be rude, just let's talk about mixing and music!

I don't usually mix metal songs, but this band is soo good that I'll spend some time mixing their material, so good to have nice song like that to study another genres.

I mixed this song mainly with my headphones HD600 and just monitoring sometimes, I'm trying to get good mixing with headphones, I'm not sure about my lowend but would be nice to know if it's hitting good enough in your systems!

In this song I did a trick I've learned with a metal enginner don't know who, but here it is:

The low end is tricky in metal, I splited the kick in three channels, it hits mono when is a quarter note, and when its eighth and sixteeth, I splited in two, one hit a bit to the left, and one hit a bit to the right, and lower the pitch a bit one side so it gives that tune difference when recording double bass drums. It's nice, give some depth and natural feel!

Let me know what you think about my mix!

Cheers!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c0YXJr0u8A

.mp3    BURNING BRIDGES - MIX V1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Dark Rides - Burning Bridges [Andrey Benassi Mix] - by andreybenassi - 16-03-2021, 03:13 AM