Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Horses with Mixbus
Bought Mixbus for $40 tonight, and decided to see what I could do. This mix took about 2.5 hours, however, I mixed them on a pair of old Turtle Beach earforce x11's. Just having some fun. Thoughts?

Draper

*Edit

Touched up some stuff. Think it's a little cleaner.

.mp3    Dark Horses WIth MixBus.mp3 --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

.mp3    Dark Horses WIth MixBus 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

Listening on my bluetooth headphones, the bass needs to be controlled, a LOT, and I'm hitting my master comp way too hard at points. I'll use my monitors tomorrow. ;-)
bridge vox too loud?
It's fun mixing on headphones. I do it as well, took me a while to get used to it and I definitely still need to do a quick listen on the monitors every now and then and make sure it it translates but with a little practice you can get into the ballpark pretty well.

I didn't find the vocals being too loud in the bridge, they are easy on my ears throughout your mix. Drums are pretty dominant throughout. The balance throughout I tried to make a little better, I had a go and EQ'd your mastermix a bit. Down 80hz -3db, up 880hz +2db, high shelf 9k +2db . This made the mix less oomphy, the guitars come out better and it adds a bit of air to it.
Awesome, thanks for the listen and the comments! Yeah, I eq'd the master a touch too much, I think.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Draper
Hi.The second mix sounding better.I really like your drums.Especially the snare sound.Maybe a little bit dry for my taste.Overall good mix.
I think that the 1st mix sounds better than the second one. The second one is pumping too much compresion. Make your 3rd mix like the 1st one , with more reverb and a touch of delay on main vocal and then it would start to sound like a record.
At 1:23, there is an electric guitar strum that sounds like a mistake. When I worked with this one, I automated it out. Do you think it belongs in the mix? It is panned hard right.
Yeah, I think it was to emphasize the line "You can put that Righteous mess on hold" and tie in the chorded part that happens after that line.