Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fytakyte: 'Outa Control' - Crownoise mix
Hi i loved this tune, reminds me of old zep and other tunes. Here is my first mix and master.

.mp3    Outa control.mp3 --  (Download: 8.02 MB)

Hey Crownoise,
I have to admit that you did excellent work with middle first gtrs sound! If you don't mind share the chain! In general mix is well ballanced. Drums seems to bit too dry but at the same time has some sort of nice sound/vibe. Maybe a bit more fx on vocals? Reassuming nice work, i like it! Cheers man.
Hey Lethan! Thanks for the kind words. For the guitars as i remember i think i i first deessed the guitars and the equed lows and mids into a distortionplugin and then applied compression afterwards to get a phatter sound, also think i bossted a bit of side eq after that to balance it further and bring it up a bit in the mids/highmids. Also, i think i dupplicated the guitar and made a delay on the same channel settings and i actually think i pitched one upp on the right channel to get some stereowith.
drums are high .snare is over eq .instruments are unbalanced.guitars masks the vocal .vocal sound is low and back.Your sythns are veryh high and destroys the mix balance.
this is too crushed for my taste. Kick sounds big but guitars so small. Voice sounds like it's in a cardboard box. On the other hand though I really like the DRY sensation of everything. that's cool.