Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian Bot - Cold War Mix
Blood, sweat and tears. Many tears.....many!

.m4a    Russian_bot-s20_THE_MONKS_COLDWAR_MIX.m4a --  (Download: 13.25 MB)

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
I MAKE THAT 11 Mark
Cool vibe you got going! I think overall it comes across a bit dark (streaming off my phone to a bose soundlink speaker).
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(22-06-2019, 07:51 AM)axxessdenied Wrote: Cool vibe you got going! I think overall it comes across a bit dark (streaming off my phone to a bose soundlink speaker).

Thanks for listening.

Warm is the word. Importantly for me, this mix is clear, uncluttered and well focused rather than simply a noise to a beat.

It was never my intention in the vision to create this mix with the potential to burn down houses with already over-bright trebles, even before raising listening levels typically associated with EDM. This mix can be turned up reasonably well without issues where the trebles begin to come alive. That said, there's a nasty moment in the lead vocal synth which bites on occasion. You missed that Tongue Interestingly, it doesn't happen in the DAW, so I blame the codec. Ordinarily I'd go back into the mix if the master wasn't working right on conversion.

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
Rally nice interesting mix, hate to disagree with axxessdenied but I had the opposite impression i.e. a bit harsh in the 3-5khz (at a guess ) region, but a really good creative mix .Nice work.
(14-06-2019, 11:49 AM)Monk Wrote: Blood, sweat and tears.  Many tears.....many!

Always nice to hear your take on any song, very happy to add mine to the list! Big Grin
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.