Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitter - Rudy's Mix
I took pretty modern and aggressive take on this one, but was quite pleased with it. Might still need a tweak here or there though.

comments are very welcome!

.mp3    fytakyte_bitter_mix_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.68 MB)

It's really dirty man Big Grin I like how, despite all distortion, you can still hear all of the keyboard parts.

For my taste, drums are little bit too compressed, especially the overheads/room mics. Also, the main guitar that plays arpeggios is clipping a bit, making it too harsh.

Overall, like the vibe you were going for!
(17-04-2019, 06:38 PM)Brk Wrote: It's really dirty man Big Grin I like how, despite all distortion, you can still hear all of the keyboard parts.

For my taste, drums are little bit too compressed, especially the overheads/room mics. Also, the main guitar that plays arpeggios is clipping a bit, making it too harsh.

Overall, like the vibe you were going for!

Thank you!

Yes, the dirtiness was conscious move, and I like it too, gives it a little bit different perspective and vibe. Tongue

You had good points, I'll check them out, thanks!
check out my mix - http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=27122
Interesting take. I like your use of the guitars in the various phrases through the song. It is straight ahead with very controlled dynamics which makes it a bit boring.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]