Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#40 Prodigal Son - Vocal Banana Split
That brittle hack mastering bugged me pretty bad, so I remixed going for a brighter sound with less bass, so I could master with more natural settings. Now bass sounds a little too big?

.mp3    40 - Starnes & Shah - Prodigal (Deliza Mix v2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.63 MB)

(20-04-2019, 03:40 PM)Deliza Wrote: That brittle hack [...]

hi! the latest version still feels a bit strong around 3kHz. the hihat feels more or less 'level matched' with the lead vocal sibilance, so you probably could take the hihat down significantly. the mix in itself sounds very good, as did the prior versions.
I liked this hat since it was played closed and tight and it didn't much space for my taste, but balancing it lower could also help in keeping the snare a little more behind, since most of it came from the OH track. Calling it a day, I'm halfway satisfied with this one. Thanks for listening, K!
Hey Deliza

I really like the last 2 versions you did, balance is really nice on the last ver.
Very Nice!!

K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.