Poll: Was it good or bad?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good
0%
0 0%
Bad
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Mix
Hi guys I've mixed and mastered the whole thing using professional plugins and i used REAPER as my daw please spare me your opinions and replies.

Thanks
Mtlq

.mp3    flames voc5.mp3 --  (Download: 12.8 MB)

(31-03-2019, 07:33 AM)Moein Mtlq Wrote: Hi guys I've mixed and mastered the whole thing using professional plugins and i used REAPER as my daw please spare me your opinions and replies.

Thanks
Mtlq

Vocal lacks excitement, it's unbalanced and the effects are intrusive, especially the octave down which just sounds weird and completely out of place.
The chirp on the kick drum is annoying and the drum reverb favours the right channel heavily for some reason. More overheads/rooms would be nice.
I can hear DI guitars in the mix too. This isn't how they should be used, they are there in case you need to reamp the guitars at some point.
The bass just sounds like a DI bass and doesn't do a lot for the song here.
You said it's mastered but the master is very quiet. Use a similar song that's relatively modern as a reference if you're mastering and you're not sure where the final master should be sitting.
Needs work Smile
(05-04-2019, 11:33 AM)Pasta Wrote:
(31-03-2019, 07:33 AM)Moein Mtlq Wrote: Hi guys I've mixed and mastered the whole thing using professional plugins and i used REAPER as my daw please spare me your opinions and replies.

Thanks
Mtlq

Vocal lacks excitement, it's unbalanced and the effects are intrusive, especially the octave down which just sounds weird and completely out of place.
The chirp on the kick drum is annoying and the drum reverb favours the right channel heavily for some reason. More overheads/rooms would be nice.
I can hear DI guitars in the mix too. This isn't how they should be used, they are there in case you need to reamp the guitars at some point.
The bass just sounds like a DI bass and doesn't do a lot for the song here.
You said it's mastered but the master is very quiet. Use a similar song that's relatively modern as a reference if you're mastering and you're not sure where the final master should be sitting.
Needs work Smile

Thanks man I'll try my best next time I've been working this art for about 6 months and developing every day
Yeah, man. You gotta resist the urge to play with all those crazy effects. Fun to experiment with but, in a serious mix, you gotta show restraint. lol

I agree with Pasta here. The vocals go from being buried to jumping out at me. Use compression to tame them.
Too much sub-bass and not enough punch in the bass. Dip under about 75hz about 3db maybe to tighten it up. Cut a bit of the lows from the guitars too, especially in the mud area (around 250-350 hz). Give them a little bump around 1000hz to add some spice. But not too much.

As for mastering, tonal balance is off. Very low-end biased. Not enough air. Mid highs are harsh and the air frequencies need bumped (10khz and above). Also, not very loud.

But A for effort and not bad for only being at it 6 months. Keep listening, keep practicing. Don't give up.