Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown: Flames - Crownoise mix, yet another mix
Hi all! I am doing some mixing, and i love this heavy tune, does this sound any good? to litle lowend in guitars etc???

.mp3    Flames!.mp3 --  (Download: 12.8 MB)

Greetings, Crowsnoise!

I like the overall sound you're going for, sort of deep and crunchy. That's the way I approached it too.

Some of the things I noticed:

The guitars seem to be weighted towards the right speaker throughout the mix. I'm not sure if this was a choice you made or if it's down to some widening or stereo enhancement, but I think this style is more suited to equal amplitude stereo guitars.

The bottom end of the kick drum seems to pop out just a little too much above the bass in my opinion, so maybe balance that and the crossover between the guitars and bass to get a bit more of a glued low end. Some extra distortion on the bass might help this too, maybe try it out.

Last thing; I like how you've automated the vocal reverb for the choruses, but I think it's just a little bit too much. I'd either reduce it a bit or EQ the reverb so it doesn't stand out.

As with any mix, a lot of this is taste though.

Overall a well balanced and punchy mix, good stuff!
Hi Crownnoise. I just gave this a 1 hour mix and posted it, and then seen yours. I like what you have done except the gtrs sound hollow like they were widened or something? I love your bass guitar sound. nice work.
Hey guy, thanks so much for input! Big Grin all critics intaken. Thanks again.