Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spektakulatius "Our Love Is Here To Stay"
I couldn't wait to get home and work on this tonight. I caught an excessive amount of vocalist breaths that I cleaned up, as well as a lot of bleed from the band on the vocalist's mic that were cleaned up. I thought I was done, but when mastering mix 1, I heard a guitar string squeak at bar 78, about 3:16 into the song, where only a few sax notes should've been heard. I went back into the mix and cleaned up a couple of string squeaks from the guitar track. I wanted to keep the tune mellow and get across the jazz club soundstage, so that's the reverb used in the mix, mostly on the sax and vocals, and again during mastering. I'd love to know what you think of this version.

.mp3    Spektakulatius_OurLoveIsHereToStay_Mix2_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.32 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Very nice Dave.

I really enjoyed your mix, awesome tone on the sax, very well put together.

Good Job

Cheers!!

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(05-04-2018, 03:55 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Very nice Dave.

I really enjoyed your mix, awesome tone on the sax, very well put together.

Good Job

Cheers!!

KSmile

Thanks K! I double checked the mix project to confirm, nothing was done to the sax beyond a HP filter set at 100Hz -24dB/octave. I remember checking the wave form and not seeing any ridiculous peaks; just some vibrato here and there, so no compression went on the track. I just set the level so it didn't get louder than the lead vocal and gave it its own space - panned about 50% right.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.