Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait: 'Dark Horses' (critiques plz)
Hey poeples,

going for a punchy, bassy feel with this one.

Comments are always welcome. ( I justed noticed that the sidestick is a problem...)

V4-----------------
Remixed this completly from scratch. IMO a lot better now. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    TheLongWait_DarkHorses_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.2 MB)

.mp3    TheLongWait_DarkHorses_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.2 MB)

.mp3    TheLongWait_DarkHorses_v4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.3 MB)

Hey Lucas

Cool tune .. Sounds like you have your placement of everything really nice. Kick is sitting good. snare sounds really good. Drums sound great. The stick over isn't bad. just a thought, might work. I might just create a new track for that section, chop it up and get it where you want it, that way you'll have total control over the stickover section.

Vocal tone sounds good!

Personal taste stuff. . A little low end boost and high end cut on the acoustic.. fatten it up and separate it from the electric. and maybe bring the lead guitar back a bit and a bit of high end cut. the bass tone is awesome, Id just try a bit more compression to round it out.

I really like this band .. I might take a shot at it.

Nice Job!!

Cheers!!

KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Lucas

Nice Job .. the acoustic sounds really good...separates nicely from the electric. Mix sounds awesome!! Smooth!!

Good Job!!

Cheers!

K Smile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Lukas
First thing im hearing is down low. Kick is little weak, uncontrolled in his low part at least for me. Bass is unrecognizable, sound-wise. All in all whole mix is a little bit boosted in mid range (2-3kHz)... Balances is fairly there, this is what i hear Smile
(11-04-2020, 09:52 AM)Nikola Mikovic Wrote: Hi Lukas
First thing im hearing is down low. Kick is little weak, uncontrolled in his low part at least for me. Bass is unrecognizable, sound-wise. All in all whole mix is a little bit boosted in mid range (2-3kHz)... Balances is fairly there, this is what i hear Smile
Hi Nikola,

thanks for your feedback. I agree with you, the low-end is pretty messy and the electrics poke out a lot in the high-mids. If I still have the project file (its an older project) I might revisit this one.

Cheers,
Lukas Angel
New Version Up!
v4 - I think everything sounds great except for the bass. It seems to me that it has too much of everything: Lows, definition, loudness... it takes too much attention and space in my opinion. If I had to make changes, I'd go for definition and liberate some real estate for the kick in the lower end (the part where you "feel" the bass more than hear it), and I'd take a couple dBs away if still needed.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.