Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul 'Alright?' MikeGoPro Old Mix Revisit
You know what guys, this artist has his own quirky style that definitely works for him. Its a bit unorthodox so normal methods might not be the best approach, but if you figure it out it can really resonate with you. As a listener I really dig what he does with his music.

Never mind the noise floor hiss, I'll address that later but I just wanted to upload the file as is.

Have a listen, leave a comment.

Cheers!

Quick Fix: boosted some of the Vox tracks that were buried during the chorus and reduced the noise overall.

.mp3    Triviul_Alright MikeGoPro Old Mix Revisit.mp3 --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

.mp3    Triviul_Alright MikeGoPro Old Mix Revisit Quick Fix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

Nice one!

The shaker and hihat are too on the nose sometimes, high frequencies poking out. Voice a bit boxy sometimes. Other than that, I like the tone of the mix, and it's quite punchy yet sounds compressed. Very cool.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hey there.

Your mix sounds really good. I totally like that the vocals are not drenched in reverb as many other people, for some reasons, like to do.

Keep it up!
Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!