Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new mix Devil's Words
Hello! This is my new mix of Devil's Words. Please comment and tell me what you think. Thank you and I await your opinions! Thank you ! and greetings from Argentina

.mp3    Devil\'s words.mp3 --  (Download: 3.03 MB)

Hey there, frequency wise pretty good balance overall, I just think it's lacking quite a bit oomph in the low mid / upper bass range.

Your choice of panning the instruments kept me wondering, though. To me it sounds like the guitars are focused either to the left or crunched to the center, which makes them fight the vocals throughout the song and instead you spread the drums completely apart. Especially the high tom is taking all the focus of the right side which, to me, is a bit disctracting. You could try experimenting with the panning in such way, that you give the guitars more space to the sides (and therefore the vocalist a unique spot in the mix) and instead narrow the drums more to center. Coming from where your mix is right now, I don't think you would get any mono compatibility issues through that Wink

Also, from a volume perspective, I think the snare is too prominent from the intro until the first chorus, stealing the show from both the guitars as well as the singer - which could be intended, but even then I think reducing the snare by 1dB would still enhance your balance - but take care to not mess with the balance during the rest of the song.

Comparing the vocals during verse and chorus, I think they are much too shy during the latter. I'm not even sure if that's a volume thing here, more like during the verse the vocal is very dry and upfront, while during the chorus they sound much more roomy and laid back.

I think if you fiddle around a bit more, you get a pretty cool mix! Smile

Cheers, hoshi

Hello!! Thank you for your opinion. You have a lot of reason in everything. I'm going to try those tips for my new mixes. But yes, I needed a different perspective on the mixes. Thank you very much
El balance y la onda de la mezcla esta bien.

No se si estas usando compresion multibanda en el master o en algun lado, pero los graves por momento se van y vuelven.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.