Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ghost Bitch" - Feedback welcome
Hey guys and girls,

mixed this. Quite difficult to get the kick and vocals right in my opinion. Please let me know what you think.

LukasAngel

.mp3    Drumtracks_GhostBitch_2_320kbit.mp3 --  (Download: 13.43 MB)

Superb Mix! I really like the low-end of the track, it has a certain heaviness that fits that kind of timbre very well.

From a rookie perspective I can't complain about just anything. Kick and vocals are well balanced and the track feels very smooth.

The only thing I'd had approached a bit differently is the sfx in the beginning. They could have been a bit louder to get more like a scary feeling right from the start you know?

Keep it up!
xlriver
Thank you for listening and feedback Big Grin

You are right I kinda forgot one of the sfx tracks.... Ooops...

Dont know if this is intresting but I got the heavy low end by doubling the bass track, Low Passing it, and putting the plugin bx_subfilter on there.
I wouldnt say that plugins matter but this is really quite cool.

LukasAngel
Hi Lukas,

Great sounding mix. Very hi fi and full sounding. Makes me wanna try my mix hand at this song.

Technically there's not much I'd change. Only things I noticed from the first listen is the audible compression volume pumping on the crashes near the start of the song. Sounds cool actually, so if you were doing it intentionally, I think it kinda works. I might try parallel compression on the OH's to get that pumping sound but also keep a more natural crash as well. Only other thing is the ride cymbal is very low in the mix during the verse. I think if you could bring that out a bit it would help drive the groove. Overall sounds tight!

Dave
Hey Lucas
Not a lot of action over here, Im late on this one .. lolBig Grin Anyways I really like your mix. I like the cymbals pulled back and let the kick and snare shine, maybe a little heavier on the snare, but that's just my taste. I think the balance is great. Sounded good on the monitors.
Well Done!!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.