Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape Mix Competition!
Perpetual Escape have kindly agreed to host a mixing competition based around this song 'Into My Dreams'! Here's the deal. To enter, you have until 6th August to post your mix of the song in this Discussion Zone subforum. In addition, if you post by 23th July, the band will do their best to critique your mix before 30th July, leaving you time for updates before the final submission deadline. Winners will chosen by the band, and will be announced between August 10th and 13th.

* First prize: a big package of limited-edition Perpetual Escape merch (a signed 'Into My Dreams' album, the 'In Search Of Light' EP, a USB key with digital copies of all the band's audio and video releases, two t-shirts, and various other goodies) as well as a free Production Critique from me on a mix of your choice.

* Second prize: signed 'Into My Dreams' album, and a Perpetual Escape t-shirt and poster.

May the most epic mix win! Smile
just signed up am i eligible to enter
(05-07-2017, 03:35 PM)truckster Wrote: just signed up am i eligible to enter

It's open to everyone, as far as I understand, so feel free to get to work! Smile
I confirm, it's open to everyone Smile
Every mix posted before 23th July will be part of the competition.
(05-07-2017, 04:21 PM)Mandubien Wrote: I confirm, it's open to everyone Smile

I think you meant 6th August. Everyone before 23rd July gets feedback from you! Smile

(06-07-2017, 10:57 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 04:21 PM)Mandubien Wrote: I confirm, it's open to everyone Smile

I think you meant 6th August. Everyone before 23rd July gets feedback from you! Smile

Absolutely Blush
Hi! I have a mix but the mp3 got to about 40 mb, seems to be to big to upload??
(07-07-2017, 05:29 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hi! I have a mix but the mp3 got to about 40 mb, seems to be to big to upload??

Hmm should not be a problem... If it's really not possible, send me a PM with a link so I can hear your mix.
I'm getting error when uploading my mix - its 40 MB file encoded at 320KB/s. Don't really want to downgrade to 256/192

"Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."

@ Mike Senior - Is there a file size limit??

I'll keep trying as there are a few mixes already posted
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(18-07-2017, 03:10 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: I'm getting error when uploading my mix - its 40 MB file encoded at 320KB/s. Don't really want to downgrade to 256/192

"Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."

@ Mike Senior - Is there a file size limit??

I'll keep trying as there are a few mixes already posted

Hi HbGuitar,

Yes, I'm afraid it's a hardcoded limit of the forum software, but I sugsest some workarounds here:
http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/showt...?tid=19601

Thanks for the heads-up!

Mike S.