Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Mix - general information, FAQ, etc. -- ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW SONG!
Hi guys and gals,

here's another song of our demo Tacoma Narrows just as requested by many of you.
It's a little more atmospheric and less heavy than The Dice.

Copied from the opening thread of The Dice:

One thing to start with: It's absolutely okay to change the song as you like. We're waiting for the first dubstep remix.
Plus, if you want to post it in your portfolio, soundcloud profile or even youtube, go for it! Just be sure to drop a link to our homepage Smile

Here's some detailed information:

Microphones:

Kick In: Sennheiser E901
Kick Out: Sennheiser E602
Snare Top: Shure sm57
Snare Bottom: Sennheiser E604
Tom 1-3: Sennheiser E604
HiHat: superlux hi-10
Oh: Akg c451b
Room: Behringer ECM8000

Vocals: Rode NT1-A
Guit: Shure sm57 / Sennheiser E906 in front of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 100W and a Mesa Boogie 2x12" cab
Bass: DI / Darkglass B7K / Sennheiser e602 in front of Warwick Pro Fet 500W amp and Ampeg SVT 8x10" cab

Gear:

Bass: Warwick Corvette 6 string with Humbuckers

Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus with active EMG pickups

Drumkit:
Mapex VX special (22" kick, 10", 12" and 14" toms with ambassador clear heads),
Tama Metalworks Anniversary 13" snare, Ambassador Coated top head,
14" and 18" Paiste Alpha China,
16" Sabian AAX X-Plosion Crash,
18" Paiste Alpha Rock Crash,
20" Sabian B8 Ride,
8" Masterworks Resonant Bell,
10" Sabian B8 Splash (everted, so it's like a small china splash)
I used an Iron Cobra Power Glide with wooden beaters to get the maximum smack out of my kick without killing the tone (with metal plates for example).

All signals went through a Mackie 8 Bus Series 32/8/2 LNKD and two 16-channel Apollo Firewire interfaces or an Focusrite ISA ONE analogue single channel microphone preamp.

DAW: ProTools 10 on Mac OSX Yosemite.
Plugins by Waves and Apollo UAD.
Mixed mainly on AKG K701 open reference headphones and Adam A7X studio reference monitors.

The tracks have been pre-edited, pre-EQ'd and the vocals were slightly pitch corrected. We'll get totally raw tracks for you guys the next time!

Please feel free to add or cut anything you like. We'd be super happy about remixes that fit in other genres, own edits with other tracks or just a tight mix. Go! Smile
I'll try to comment each one.

Cheers,
Till

.mp3    04 Way Of Life.mp3 --  (Download: 15.27 MB)

Hey there! I'm looking to mix this track for portfolio purposes, and I wanted to know what the BPM is. I'm thinking it's 120. Can you help me out? Thanks! I'll be sure to attach a link to your page when I'm done with it.
Hi Tony,

we're counting with the eighth delay of our guitarist. it says:
first part: 239 bpm (which would be 119,5 in quarters),
Bridge (the "fast" thing): 231 bpm (half time)
and 239bpm (119,5 in quarters) for the ending part.

Cheers Smile
GREAT NEWS!

Our new song is finished, here it is:

Here's some detailed gear information:

The single tracks will be released August 8th! Keep an eye on it. We can't wait for new mixes!

Cheers,
Till
(22-05-2016, 02:21 PM)wurstdrummer Wrote: Hi guys and gals,

here's another song of our demo Tacoma Narrows just as requested by many of you.
It's a little more atmospheric and less heavy than The Dice.

Copied from the opening thread of The Dice:

One thing to start with: It's absolutely okay to change the song as you like. We're waiting for the first dubstep remix.
Plus, if you want to post it in your portfolio, soundcloud profile or even youtube, go for it! Just be sure to drop a link to our homepage Smile

Here's some detailed information:

Microphones:

Kick In: Sennheiser E901
Kick Out: Sennheiser E602
Snare Top: Shure sm57
Snare Bottom: Sennheiser E604
Tom 1-3: Sennheiser E604
HiHat: superlux hi-10
Oh: Akg c451b
Room: Behringer ECM8000

Vocals: Rode NT1-A
Guit: Shure sm57 / Sennheiser E906 in front of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 100W and a Mesa Boogie 2x12" cab
Bass: DI / Darkglass B7K / Sennheiser e602 in front of Warwick Pro Fet 500W amp and Ampeg SVT 8x10" cab

Gear:

Bass: Warwick Corvette 6 string with Humbuckers

Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus with active EMG pickups

Drumkit:
Mapex VX special (22" kick, 10", 12" and 14" toms with ambassador clear heads),
Tama Metalworks Anniversary 13" snare, Ambassador Coated top head,
14" and 18" Paiste Alpha China,
16" Sabian AAX X-Plosion Crash,
18" Paiste Alpha Rock Crash,
20" Sabian B8 Ride,
8" Masterworks Resonant Bell,
10" Sabian B8 Splash (everted, so it's like a small china splash)
I used an Iron Cobra Power Glide with wooden beaters to get the maximum smack out of my kick without killing the tone (with metal plates for example).

All signals went through a Mackie 8 Bus Series 32/8/2 LNKD and two 16-channel Apollo Firewire interfaces or an Focusrite ISA ONE analogue single channel microphone preamp.

DAW: ProTools 10 on Mac OSX Yosemite.
Plugins by Waves and Apollo UAD.
Mixed mainly on AKG K701 open reference headphones and Adam A7X studio reference monitors.

The tracks have been pre-edited, pre-EQ'd and the vocals were slightly pitch corrected. We'll get totally raw tracks for you guys the next time!

Please feel free to add or cut anything you like. We'd be super happy about remixes that fit in other genres, own edits with other tracks or just a tight mix. Go! Smile
I'll try to comment each one.

Cheers,
Till

Hi, how are you? I still can post the song I mixed as portfolio in YouTube? I will mix this song because I really like it. Sure, I will post all the info about your band. Cheers.
(11-11-2018, 09:41 PM)Marquinhos Wrote: Hi, how are you? I still can post the song I mixed as portfolio in YouTube? I will mix this song because I really like it. Sure, I will post all the info about your band. Cheers.

Hi Marquinhos,
thanks for your kind words.
Yeah sure, no problem. But if I were you, I'd mix The Inner Circle since it's way better material to work with. Plus, there's a chance of fresh LEAD Inc. stems at the beginning of next year... Wink