Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Time mix
Hi all, this is my second mix on here, all comments (good or bad) gratefully received.

Thanks!

Matt

.mp3    Good Time Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 10.91 MB)

OK so after uploading version 1 I was annoyed listening back at the way the kick and snare disappeared after mastering when they'd been nice and punchy in the mix. So I bit the bullet and bought Slate's FG-X, which I've been looking at for a while, and used it instead of the Waves L3 I had on the master bus. It is AWESOME. Have a listen to this version vs the previous one - I haven't changed the mix at all, it's just the FG-X's ability to preserve and even enhance transients absolutely kicks Waves' butt.

Any other comments very welcome Smile

.mp3    Good Time remastered.mp3 --  (Download: 10.91 MB)

(14-05-2015, 03:53 PM)londonmatt Wrote: OK so after uploading version 1 I was annoyed listening back at the way the kick and snare disappeared after mastering when they'd been nice and punchy in the mix. So I bit the bullet and bought Slate's FG-X, which I've been looking at for a while, and used it instead of the Waves L3 I had on the master bus. It is AWESOME. Have a listen to this version vs the previous one - I haven't changed the mix at all, it's just the FG-X's ability to preserve and even enhance transients absolutely kicks Waves' butt.

Any other comments very welcome Smile

You did a nice job here. Instruments sound great. My first impression is that the vocal overpowers the rest of the band.

Just one listen, my first impression. Sounds very professional.

(15-05-2015, 03:38 AM)swampstomper Wrote: You did a nice job here. Instruments sound great. My first impression is that the vocal overpowers the rest of the band.

Just one listen, my first impression. Sounds very professional.

Hey thanks for listening, appreciate it. Yeah, the vocal is probably a touch loud, I'll drop it back when I go back to this one. Thanks again.