Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels in Amplifers - I'm alright
This is my take on the song, I went with more of a pop/rock sound on this one. Let me know what you think. Specifically I'm curious how does the low end(kick/bass) sound in relationship to the rest of the mix. I'm trying to gauge the accuracy of my monitors and how they translate to other speakers, as I don't have a sub. Thanks!

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers- I\'m alright(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.73 MB)

In the intro and break the solo ac gtr could be louder.
For that rock sound lead voc could have more presence. Something 3-5 khz. Now it sometimes fall behind gtrs.
And if you have time you could try to run that ac gtr to an amp/cabin vst. Could be more rock sound.
About low end. Kick could be louder and bass could have just a bit more low end. But I'm listening in my living room so this isn't the ultimate truth.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
(09-09-2013, 01:08 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: Kick could be louder

i don't think the issue here is the volume of the kick. try put an enveloper on the kick to bring out its transients. could bring it right forward. another trick is to make a tiny, and i mean tiny, wide Q boost around the frequency range of the kick drums beater hit. gives it the impression of loudness without making the track unbalanced.
Thanks for the feedback. I made some adjustments to my mix. Its amazing what a break will do to your ears when you stop listening to a mix and revisit it (even just a couple of days), there are a lot of details that you pick up, where before you start to get used to how something sounds. Hopefully this one fixes some of the issues that you guys mentioned. Thanks again.

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers- I\'m alright(3).mp3 --  (Download: 6.73 MB)

Did some tweaking with the reverb and made some other eq and panning adjustments, and applied some basic mastering to the track(if you can call it that). Let me know what you think.

.mp3    02 - ANGELS IN AMPLIFIERS - I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.76 MB)

(11-10-2013, 07:27 AM)Daniel Y Wrote: Did some tweaking with the reverb and made some other eq and panning adjustments, and applied some basic mastering to the track(if you can call it that). Let me know what you think.

Sounds good to me. Nice job Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
The guitar is just a little bit hard to hear, the 2nd acoustic..otherwise getting better! check out mine let me know what you think