Discussion Zone
I think of Paramore, but - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Pop, Singer-Songwriter (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Actions: 'One Minute Smile' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=172)
+---- Thread: I think of Paramore, but (/showthread.php?tid=3080)

Pages: 1 2 3

I think of Paramore, but - MystycalFanfare - 12-11-2013

I've mixed this song in my new room with different size and characteristic.
So, I really need fresh ear to tell me how it works.

RE: I think of Paramore, but - rock4ever26 - 18-11-2013

I don`t know, but it sounds to me like it`s just about the kick drum and vocals, guitars are very flat and thin in the BG, this song should be treated more poppy Smile there`s no harmonic definition

RE: I think of Paramore, but - MystycalFanfare - 22-11-2013

(18-11-2013, 09:26 AM)rock4ever26 Wrote: I don`t know, but it sounds to me like it`s just about the kick drum and vocals, guitars are very flat and thin in the BG, this song should be treated more poppy Smile there`s no harmonic definition

Thanks dude, I appreciate it!
Sure I will check your mix!

Anyone else?

RE: I think of Paramore, but - thedon - 22-11-2013

Great punchy sounding mix
The kick does sound a touch loud ,but bringing it down could affect the big drum sound you have created !

RE: I think of Paramore, but - MystycalFanfare - 23-11-2013

(22-11-2013, 11:06 PM)thedon Wrote: Great punchy sounding mix
The kick does sound a touch loud ,but bringing it down could affect the big drum sound you have created !

Hey thanks for comment here!
Yes kick is too loud especially for pop/rock tunes.
Any critics perhaps?

RE: I think of Paramore, but - jayb6120 - 23-11-2013

Definitely one of the better mixes on here. The mix your soundcloud site is really good. The sound of all instruments seems very consistent with the genre. I don't think there'd be much point critiquing anything on here because the soundcloud mix is pretty solid and a lot of the little things I hear are fixed over there. Wicked job man!

RE: I think of Paramore, but - lowstring - 23-11-2013

I absolutely love the power and sound in the drums/bass that you have achieved, but I do wonder if it is fitting in the genre. On my system I also feel like the texture wraps around the vocal too much - I'd like to hear a tad more presence in the vocals. At the beginning I also get a really piercing sibilance, particularly at the beginning. All in all though, a really gripping mix and I really enjoyed it.

(23-11-2013, 04:49 PM)jayb6120 Wrote: Definitely one of the better mixes on here. The mix your soundcloud site is really good. The sound of all instruments seems very consistent with the genre. I don't think there'd be much point critiquing anything on here because the soundcloud mix is pretty solid and a lot of the little things I hear are fixed over there. Wicked job man!

Man, thanks for kind words, I'm flattered.
And thanks for spend your time to visit my soundcloud page.

(23-11-2013, 06:16 PM)lowstring Wrote: I absolutely love the power and sound in the drums/bass that you have achieved, but I do wonder if it is fitting in the genre. On my system I also feel like the texture wraps around the vocal too much - I'd like to hear a tad more presence in the vocals. At the beginning I also get a really piercing sibilance, particularly at the beginning. All in all though, a really gripping mix and I really enjoyed it.

Hey thanks for comment here dude!
Yes, I just realized that since I compared to Paramore records (which is my reference), my mix is kinda overpowered that could be annoying for some people. It's just because I'm originally a metal/heavy metal mixer, perhaps. I will definitely learn more how to mix some pop/rock tunes.
Thanks once again.

Myst

lowstring, do you post your mix on this discussion zone? If there, let me hear your mix. Smile