Discussion Zone
FytaKyte Bitter updated - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Rock, Punk, Metal (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Fytakyte: 'Bitter' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=486)
+---- Thread: FytaKyte Bitter updated (/showthread.php?tid=27045)

Pages: 1 2

FytaKyte Bitter updated - Cudjoe - 12-04-2019

Like i said on another post there are so many good mixes here,its a brilliant song here is my mix.

RE: FytaKyte Bitter - Roy - 12-04-2019

Solid mix. The hi hat feels a bit loud but it's a good sounding hh. I think the vocal could come up. There's a delay or something at 1:02 that jumps out and me and feels weird. Speaking of weird something happens @ 0:29 that catches my ear. I don't know what it is and it might just be me. Tonally everything fits well. It sounds polished but there might be an overall compressor that feels slightly overworked. That's all that I noticed. Good job.

RE: FytaKyte Bitter - Dangerous - 13-04-2019

Hi Cudjoe,

As per Roy's comments, this is a solid mix. Great cohesion and glue. Song moves along nicely. Hi hats are definitely too strong. There are some resonant frequencies that are chiming through the choruses that I'm hearing. Not too sure of their origins but they seem to repeat through all the chorus parts. Great start Cudjoe. Big Grin

dave

RE: FytaKyte Bitter - Cudjoe - 13-04-2019

Thanks Roy and Dave for your comments,just finished work and did some quick adjustments based on the comments and also i use my normal limiter.

RE: FytaKyte Bitter - FytaKyte - 14-04-2019

Hi Cudjoe - glad you liked the track - thanks for taking the time to mix it. You've done a really nice job - I like the sonic choices you made. It sounds fat and full and clear.

(Listening to the second mix) The one thing that stands out to me is the hihat (and perhaps the overheads in general). I like the brightness, clarity and "sheen" you have on the mix, but the hihat is really too loud in the balance. It could come down quite a bit. The cymbals also could come down a bit, but I think it is mainly the hihat. As Roy said above, the HH sounds good - just too much of it.

Nice work!

RE: FytaKyte Bitter - Cudjoe - 15-04-2019

(14-04-2019, 12:51 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Cudjoe - glad you liked the track - thanks for taking the time to mix it. You've done a really nice job - I like the sonic choices you made. It sounds fat and full and clear.

(Listening to the second mix) The one thing that stands out to me is the hihat (and perhaps the overheads in general). I like the brightness, clarity and "sheen" you have on the mix, but the hihat is really too loud in the balance. It could come down quite a bit. The cymbals also could come down a bit, but I think it is mainly the hihat. As Roy said above, the HH sounds good - just too much of it.

Nice work!
Ok i revisited those hihats and overheads and pulled them back some more with eq ,mix3, i think that i got too used to top end on those tracksBig Grin cheers.

RE: FytaKyte Bitter updated - FytaKyte - 16-04-2019

Hmm... Hate to be a "Goldilocks", but somewhere between mix 2 & 3 is where the cymbal level needs to be at. The mix is very dark sounding now.

RE: FytaKyte Bitter updated - Cudjoe - 16-04-2019

(16-04-2019, 08:02 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hmm... Hate to be a "Goldilocks", but somewhere between mix 2 & 3 is where the cymbal level needs to be at. The mix is very dark sounding now.
Yes i totally agree with you so i did a re master,i read a while ago that mastering engineers(which iam not) prefer dull mixes rather than bright ones so i thought i would try it instead of revisiting the mix,4th time lucky?Big Grin

RE: FytaKyte Bitter updated - Mark M.O.T.D. - 17-04-2019

If it was me I would have let the vocal share the reverb a little but I would probably have lost that fantastic energy and momentum you've created,wicked job.
Mark

RE: FytaKyte Bitter updated - FytaKyte - 17-04-2019

Hi Cudjoe - yup new mix is much better