Discussion Zone
McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Rock, Punk, Metal (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: McLovins: 'Buildin' It Up' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=476)
+---- Thread: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix (/showthread.php?tid=25650)

McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - Frank Lima - 06-01-2019

THIS IS MY MIX SUGGESTION.

Comments are welcome.

Full ITB! MP3 320. Images of the session.

-------------
UPDATE 1 - More Korg!
-------------
UPDATE 2 - Images Bass Tracks

RE: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - Shul - 07-01-2019

Awesome take on it.
*Good job on that snare tone is very natural sounding.
*Bass control is really good. did you do a cut around the 200 hz? to blend better with kick?
*Kick is not my favorite. It has a muddy sub freq. there that is making it sound a bit cloudy and not clear enough. but the low end on it, though a bit muddy, helps the punch.
*I think your guitars have a bit too much reverb. Looses definition when too much reverb is on it.
*did you use reverb on drums? or just on vocal? because the drums a a lil too much reveb in my opinion. or perhaps you used too much room mic. I think you used to much room mic... maybe that's what's messing with the kick too.

RE: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - Frank Lima - 07-01-2019

(07-01-2019, 03:31 AM)Shul Wrote: Awesome take on it.
*Bass control is really good. did you do a cut around the 200 hz? to blend better with kick?
*Kick is not my favorite. It has a muddy sub freq. there that is making it sound a bit cloudy and not clear enough. but the low end on it, though a bit muddy, helps the punch.
*I think your guitars have a bit too much reverb. Looses definition when too much reverb is on it.
*did you use reverb on drums? or just on vocal? because the drums a a lil too much reveb in my opinion. or perhaps you used too much room mic. I think you used to much room mic... maybe that's what's messing with the kick too.

Awesome take on it.

Thank's

- I liked too
- I don't no, i mixer only listening. See Imagens added.
- yeah! more impact, punch, fat. Reference: Daft Punk - Random Access Memories. But i go update for you one version less sub in master.
- Only for ambience and alloy. I insert a Pitch Shifter for wide guitar.
- reverb on drums: only OH and on Snare. Importante, there are many drum sounds on mic lead vox. The drums it's ok for me. Meybe tons, but they are out of tune.

RE: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - Shul - 07-01-2019

Kick sounds a lot better in my opinion. I like the open feel on the top end you got. I think master 3 is the better one.

RE: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - Frank Lima - 08-01-2019

(07-01-2019, 11:05 PM)Shul Wrote: Kick sounds a lot better in my opinion. I like the open feel on the top end you got. I think master 3 is the better one.

thanks bro!

RE: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - ghizzu - 12-01-2019

My God, these drums really kick ass! Very good mix.

RE: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - Frank Lima - 12-01-2019

(12-01-2019, 12:01 PM)ghizzu Wrote: My God, these drums really kick ass! Very good mix.

Thanks bro!

RE: McLovins - Buildin it up - mix - HbGuitar - 21-01-2019

listened to v2. Sounds good to me. good job Smile

Cheers