Discussion Zone
The Dice (BCS Mix) - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Rock, Punk, Metal (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Lead Inc: 'The Dice' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=339)
+---- Thread: The Dice (BCS Mix) (/showthread.php?tid=24210)

The Dice (BCS Mix) - bcs_mix - 26-08-2018

Mixing this song was a lot of fun. The drums sound very good from the source, props to those who recorded them. I hope I did this song some justice. Please tell me what you think!

EDIT 1: New mix below!

RE: The Dice (BCS Mix) - Bangbang - 01-09-2018

Hey bcs_mix!
I would cut mids from guitars and boost some high mids. They're very fatiguing and take so much space in the mix. I think if you get the guitars right the rest of it will sit much better together.
Vocals are being drowned out by (i think) mostly guitars and cymbals. Try to separate them more.
I would cut some string noise from the bass, might be at 3k or something. Just a personal thing.
Also i think this mix lack some sub and low mids overall.
Other than that i think it sounds great! Keep it up!

RE: The Dice (BCS Mix) - bcs_mix - 11-09-2018

Thanks for the feedback! I've tweaked a few things, and it definitely sounds fuller now. Please give it a listen and tell me which is better!

RE: The Dice (BCS Mix) - Bangbang - 13-09-2018

Yo! I like the sound of the new mix much more. All of the instruments are playing better as a whole.
Great job!

RE: The Dice (BCS Mix) - progloverfan - 05-11-2018

Hi, I just hear your mix. It's a great mix, I would shine her more in this mix I think is the key element of this song, in the same manner back vocals are barely heard I don't know if you treated to give more presence to main vocals or not, also guitars are heavy distorted so treat them carefully, they need to give space from the rest of mix elements before fatigue. Did you trigger kick and snare?, just asking. they sound clearly trough the song. Great mix, love this song.

Greetings

RE: The Dice (BCS Mix) - bcs_mix - 24-11-2018

(05-11-2018, 03:25 AM)progloverfan Wrote: Hi, I just hear your mix. It's a great mix, I would shine her more in this mix I think is the key element of this song, in the same manner back vocals are barely heard I don't know if you treated to give more presence to main vocals or not, also guitars are heavy distorted so treat them carefully, they need to give space from the rest of mix elements before fatigue. Did you trigger kick and snare?, just asking. they sound clearly trough the song. Great mix, love this song.

Greetings
Thanks! I didn't think I'd come for this mix since it was quite a while now, but I've been listening back to it a lot lately. First of all, I didn't really think the background vocal fit the lead vocal, so I just hid it in the back and eventually just forgot about it entirely, and I think I'll stick to what I have now tho, for lead vox and guitars. (Mix 5)
And no, I NEVER add my own samples when I mix if they are not provided. Mainly because I am not really good at mixing programmed drums, and I LOVE mixing real drums, no matter how far I have to go to save them in some projects. This band ,though, delivered very well recorded tracks. So I take your word as a compliment! Thanks again!

Also,please check out my other mixes from Lead Inc, too. If you like this you'd definitely like them as well, if not better!

RE: The Dice BCS Mix - bcs_mix - 13-08-2019

(08-08-2019, 04:43 PM)Kamdabs Wrote: I just like using my stuff. I have a nifty tape measure, and Ive been using the same dice for the last 5 years and i like them.

Ive never come across or heard about dodgy dice, and only seen a dodgy home made measuring device once and not at a tournament, so I really dont think its an issue.

It wouldnt stop me going to a tournament, but its just unnecessary.

I'm sorry...what? I'm not a native English, although I'm quite fluent. But I really don't get the analogy here. sorry