Discussion Zone
Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Printable Version

+- Discussion Zone (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com)
+-- Forum: 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library: mixing forum (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Acoustic, Jazz, Country, Orchestral (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' (http://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=381)
+---- Thread: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' (/showthread.php?tid=17911)

Pages: 1 2

Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Dangerous - 01-02-2017

What a beautiful piece of music. Dark heavy percussive tones from Russia fused with lighter fruity melodies from France. I am constantly amazed by the content that Sir Mike comes up with.

This piece had me excited from the beginning. Four talented musicians constantly trying to out do each other with their own brilliance making a performance that is just captivating. I just love the way this song moves along.

I have tried to keep this sounding tight, live, close, exciting and flamboyant to the end. Working with smaller reverbs and ambiences I can picture this being performed in a small club, whilst positioning ones self pretty close to the action.

Thanks to the Band and thanks again Mike.

Dave.

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - thedon - 02-02-2017

I Love it Dave,
Awesome work Big Grin

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Dangerous - 03-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 07:19 AM)thedon Wrote: I Love it Dave,
Awesome work Big Grin

Thanks Don, although I think the Accordion could come up a little more through the solo.

You're got to have a play with this one. It's a great track.

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - loupi - 06-02-2017

super mix Dave! guitars have the scratch ánd a nice warmth. and i like the natural sounding room you put them in. the bass sits nicely and suports things very well (maybe just slightly too thick in the mids fe. in the notes he plays around 0'28"). excellent work!

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Dangerous - 07-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 04:03 PM)loupi Wrote: super mix Dave! guitars have the scratch ánd a nice warmth. and i like the natural sounding room you put them in. the bass sits nicely and suports things very well (maybe just slightly too thick in the mids fe. in the notes he plays around 0'28"). excellent work!

Thanks loupi, I sure did get excited mixing this one. As for the bass, I did use a slight shelving boost @~450hz and below on the master bus just to warm things up. This could be what's pushed the bass over. I'm still stewing over the guitar "pick" sound and whether to tame it a little more or leave it. I know that it's an important element to the song and genre generally. It's just a question if it becomes too invasive at times throughout the song. I'll just sit on it for the time being.

Thanks for listening.

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - KMuzic - 10-09-2018

Hi Dave

Really tight mix, love how tight the bass is. All the instruments have great separation. The energy just starts to roll.

Awsome job!!

I just gave this one a shot, If you have time, could you check it out
Thanks Dave
KSmile

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Dangerous - 12-09-2018

(10-09-2018, 02:04 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Dave

Really tight mix, love how tight the bass is. All the instruments have great separation. The energy just starts to roll.

Awsome job!!

I just gave this one a shot, If you have time, could you check it out
Thanks Dave
KSmile

Thanks K, one of my favourite tracks in the library.

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Deliza - 13-09-2018

I can easily picture this in a Wes Anderson movie; Peter Dinklage playing Toulouse-Latrec as the headmaster of a burglary-ring trying to evade the cops thru the streets of Paris! Actually, I just want that movie made and with this mix on it!

It also reminds me of "The Talented Mr. Ripley" (90's version with Matt Damon and Jude Law), the way music sounded and felt in the club scenes. Add some cheering and glass breaking and you'd fool anyone!

Enough flattery! As usual, I can only listen on headphones (ATH-M50x), but everything feels right about this mix, I cannot think of nothing going wrong on speakers or a inside a car. I only car drivers played music like this...

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Dangerous - 14-09-2018

(13-09-2018, 06:22 PM)Deliza Wrote: I can easily picture this in a Wes Anderson movie; Peter Dinklage playing Toulouse-Latrec as the headmaster of a burglary-ring trying to evade the cops thru the streets of Paris! Actually, I just want that movie made and with this mix on it!

It also reminds me of "The Talented Mr. Ripley" (90's version with Matt Damon and Jude Law), the way music sounded and felt in the club scenes. Add some cheering and glass breaking and you'd fool anyone!

Enough flattery! As usual, I can only listen on headphones (ATH-M50x), but everything feels right about this mix, I cannot think of nothing going wrong on speakers or a inside a car. I only car drivers played music like this...

Thanks for the reply, Deliza. You have a lovely vision of music.
This is a beautiful piece that perhaps got me a little too excited whist mixing. This happens to me a lot actually.

I would love to hear you have a go at this one. I reckon you could take a performance like this to the next level for sure.Big Grin

RE: Swing Bazar: 'Fleche D'Or' - Equilibrium - 28-12-2019

Nice interpretation! It's a great composition. And Dave, too... And Mike... )))))
P.S. I added more dynamism to my mix... I thought it wouldn't be superfluous.