Discussion Zone

Full Version: Colton Benjamin: '21 grams' kapu mix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made mix too. ^_^
Hello Smile

It seems you had fun with it Tongue

-I think the effect on the main guitar is a bit distracting.
-The drums are too agressive for my taste.
-Voice is cool.
-Solo guitar is a bit strange clean like this and is too loud.

Overall it sounds good but i would like it better with other guitar tones Smile !

Take care !
(20-09-2017 03:04 AM)Jimdolorian Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Smile [...]

Thanks! By no means I was reaching for anything conventional or realistic. More like a cartoon than photograph. ^_^
Wow. Really cool stuff here. I like what you did with the drums which are great. As for the flanger on the main guitar, I like your take, especially in deference to your 'cartoon' approach. All of your sounds are very well presented and engaging. While it is not the approach I have taken, I think it is inventive and well crafted. I especially like the Hammond and that long ending with the flanger noise is really cool. Fun stuff.
(20-09-2017 04:20 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Really cool stuff here. [...]

Thanks! I tweaked some stuff and just updated the file. Worked on the ending also. ^_^
(21-09-2017 02:43 AM)kapu Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-09-2017 04:20 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Really cool stuff here. [...]

Thanks! I tweaked some stuff and just updated the file. Worked on the ending also. ^_^

Talk about cartoon...LOL. Very cool. Smiled the whole way through. I think you're having way too much fun!
Really wish you'd keep your previous mixes up.
(21-09-2017 04:55 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: [ -> ]Talk about cartoon...LOL. [...]

Heh, thanks. Well, I try to keep multiple versions when I think I've really made drastic changes or a totally different version. Otherwise my account would just be cluttered with ..._version_(n+1).m4a files.

It would be cool if the site admin somehow expanded the platform to become a Git type of open source version controlling system for DAW projects, and I could keep the projects "live" at the server with tracked changes, and then latest "master branch" could be checked out or "cloned" for listening in the browser/forum. ^_^
Love your Version Kapu ,very creative !

Well Done Big Grin
(21-09-2017 09:30 AM)thedon Wrote: [ -> ]Love your Version [...]

Thanks! I have had a good streak of real life projects since summer, so finally got some time to fool around with tracks here. Hah, 5 minutes with these and already for me it sounded more appealing than 'real' projects with unrealistic goals and 'artistic vision' and so on. ^_^
Very cool! Those claps in the bridge had me going - I thought someone was making creeping up behind me! The ending is killer - this mix is just audacious enough to be in class of it's own - I love that!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's